This is one of our favorite new recipes, which is healthy, juicy and very light & fresh for the warmer days ahead!
The sweet potato noodles create a nice variety to other noodle types and tangy tahini dressing contrasts very well with the sweeter taste of the noodles. Our recipe comes with a healthy portion of fresh garlic, which you an tone down to your own taste.
- 4 organic medium sweet potatoes
- 1–2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup tahini paste
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup cold water, more if needed
- 1 cup fresh chopped parsley leaves
- freshly ground pepper
Sweet Potato Noodles:
- Use a spiral slicer to slice the raw sweet potatoes into noodles
- Boil water and add a steam basket on top of the water, then place the noodles into the steam basket, close with a lid and lower to medium heat.
- Steam noodles for 2-3 minutes, then stir and steam another 2-3 minutes. This will leave them with a nice crunchy bite
- Remove the steaming basket from the skillet and either serve right away, or rinse with cold water and stir to retain the current consistency.
Zesty Tahini sauce:
- Blend all sauce ingredients in a food processor until finely cut but not pureed. This will leave some crunchy parts in your sauce.
Serve over warm sweet potato noodles and garnish with freshly ground pepper and chopped fresh parsley.