Greens and fermented vegetables like sauerkraut make a fine combination of flavor, anti-inflammation nutrients and probiotics to restore your gut health. Add a ripe avocado for healthy fat and a creamy delightful texture that makes a dressing unnecessary.
- 2 cups organic spinach
- 1 cup organic red leaf lettuce or mustard greens
- ½ ripe avocado
- ½ cup sauerkraut, drained
- 1 tsp capers, drained
- 2 tbsp organic corn kernels
- 1 medium organic tomato or a handful of cherry tomatoes
- Pinch of chili powder or chipotle powder
- Ground black pepper
- Optional: spicy pumpkin seeds (Living Intentions has great choices of activated seeds)
Gently cut or shred spinach and lettuce into smaller pieces and place into bowl, then mix in the ripe avocado. Use your clean hands to massage into the greens. Add all remaining ingredients and mix well. Sprinkle with the chili powder and ground black pepper and add pumpkin seeds.