This crunchy and flavorful salad can be enjoyed as appetizer or meal. It boosts superfoods like cabbage, carrots, ginger, flax seeds and sunflower seeds to aid digestive health
Carrot Coleslaw Salad
- 4 organic carrots, peeled and thinly sliced or grated
- 1/4 red cabbage, shredded
- 1 tbsp raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp raw flax seeds
- 1 tsp organic maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil or flax oil
- 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- A pinch of sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
Toss the carrots, red cabbage, sunflower seeds and flax seeds in a bowl.
Prepare the dressing with the maple syrup, lime juice, ginger, oil, Balsamic vinegar and seasonings. Pour dressing over the salad and mix well.
You can serve this salad immediately or let it soak in the fridge for 30 minutes.