1. New Year's Day. A fresh start. A new chapter in life waiting to be written. New questions to be asked, embraced, and loved. Answers to be discovered and then lived in this transformative year of delight and self-discovery. Today carve out a quiet interlude for yourself in which to dream, pen in hand. Only dreams give birth to change.
2. Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.
3. Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better person.
4. Character is the ability to carry out a good resolution long after the excitement of the moment has passed.
5. Ring out the false, ring in the true this year. Question what you hear and see on public media, dig deeper, follow your intuition more.
6. Celebrate what you want to see more of.
7. Never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
8. There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.
9. Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.
10. Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
11. What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.
12. Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom. Be true to yourself and follow your heart, as it will never lie to you!